Friday, April 11, 2008

Brithday this year.....



I am thinking about planning a B-day party again this year. I'm not sure what I should do though. Of course, having people over to the house is one option. But, every time I do that, I go WAAAAAYYYYYYYY overboard and end up serving a TON of food. But, this year maybe I should just have family over for a BBQ. Make really good kabobs served with saffron rice and a balsamic reduction sauce to spoon over the rice and kabobs. Plus, I have always wanted to BBQ rock fruit and make this really good sauce that you serve over vanilla ice cream (which I have yet to make but have the recipe for and am SO excited to try). Here's the question - what do I do for my B-day this year? Simply invited everyone up for the day and have a BBQ? Go to a restaurant? Or go do something low key like a picnic somewhere and do a BBQ in a park or near the American River? I am perplexed. I hesitate to do a BBQ since we always BBQ, and everyone does BBQ's for b-day's during the summer - so, essentially, I'm stuck. Any ideas? Do I follow suit and do a BBQ - or do I do something different? Ohhhhhh - maybe I have a cheese tasting party and the do a simple BBQ later. Hmmmmmm, that's a good idea. That seems like a good idea for people who LOVE cheese, which the husband and I do - so do my husband's brother and sister-in-law. So, I know the 4 of us would have fun. UUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHH - what do I do? Help!!!!!

No comments: