Monday, April 14, 2008

So, we picked up the car today

I don't know why I am putting this out in blog world - but hey, at least it's an outlet right? I feel REALLY guilty for buying a new (used) car when we have one that is working perfectly. Seriously, I need counseling! I was excited at the prospect of getting a more comfortable car for my back - but since we have one that works perfectly, it's grating on me.

Granted, Shawn and I have been looking to a more comfortable car for about 6 or 8 months - - - - - - still, it doesn't matter. I feel guilty because we didn't need it. Plus, it's more expensive in gas - hello Mr. Premium, nice to meet you. And, about 1/3 worse gas mileage. Hello Mr. More Money in gas, nice to meet you too.

I feel greedy. I don't like buying new cars, especially when I have a working one (even though it's on its last leg). I think my years of going over seas to do missions is finally catching up with me. Our house is too big, and now we have too many cars. So many people in the world have so little - and we already have too much - and now we have even more. I don't like it.

Seriously, I need counseling!

No comments: