Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Discoveries



Anyone who knows me knows that I love to save money. Now, I must point out that saving money IS VERY DIFFERENT from being cheap. People can tell when you're being cheap (which I have been guilty of on many occasions, but try my hardest not to be), but people can't tell when you are saving money. I posted a number of months back that Shawn and I got a wonderful KitchenAid mixer (professional version thank you very much) for less than the price of a 'normal' version. We love it! But that's not the point here. The point is, and this is linked to the picture above, is that I am a discount grocery shopper when I can be. I have discovered that the grocery stores in our area discount meat that needs to be used OR freezed by that day or the next day. As a result, I go shopping early in the morning for meat - they discount it early in the morning and there's generally nothing left by late morning or afternoon. Today I picked up 2 - 20oz packages of ground turkey (for my awesome stuffed zucchini), 2 whole chickens because they were on sale (those are for Tess), a 5 pound package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (those are for us and should last us a couple of months), and a 3 or 4 pound package of pork ribs (Shawn loves those). I have to freeze most of the meat tonight, but it was worth it. All of the meat was 50% off. Bargain shopping makes me happy.

No comments: