Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Neighbors

One of our neighbors was planning on selling her house. She fixed it up a bit, and put it on the market about a year ago. We just spoke to her today and she said she isn't going to sell the house, rather 'spend the rest of her days' there. Selling the house concerned me a bit because her driveway is right outside the masterbedroom window. If professionals moved in there, they would be leaving for work at o'dark-hundred in the morning and wake me up. Purely selfish - I am SO glad that she is going to stay. It's a 5 bedroom house, 3 stories, and would attract a seriously large family coming in and out all day long. At least for the next 5 - 10 years we will have a great neighbor. Today I gave her some home grown tomatoes for her sandwiches that she eats everyday. And, we got to talking, and she's going to teach me how to sew. It's a favorite pass time for her. I'm excited to get to know her better. Maybe, eventually, I can talk to her about God. One can hope that the door for that is opened right?

No comments: