Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just so I didn't have to....

I came home on Wednesday night to find Shawn in the kitchen cooking dinner. Is this blog-worthy? Yeah! I do about 99% of the cooking in our small family. I love to cook and come up with new recipes, duplicate recipes from restaurants, and of course use allrecipes.com to find ideas and recipes. Most of the time I find something that looks interesting and adapt it to my taste (see the Black Olive Hummus Recipe below). I personally came up with this recipe after reviewing many recipes and techniques. And yes, I can certainly call it my own. I have found no other recipe like it. But, back to my point. Shawn was cooking Asparagus Spears with a touch of Olive Oil, salt and pepper; Snow Peas with a touch of Sesame Oil and a sprinkling of Toasted Sesame Seeds (my idea since I have an odd love for all things sesame), and of course HIS VERY own creation, a wonderful Salmon recipe. I don't remember everything he put on it, but I know the marinade had brown sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper along with some other things.

He was so sweet! He knows I'm exhausted when I get home from lecturing for four and a half hours.....yeah, you read that correctly, 4 1/2 hours of lecture twice a week. It goes by fairly quickly, but it does exhaust me. When I get home I barely want to talk because I have just talked for hours, and answered about a thousand questions. Kudos to my man for being so darn cool!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Very cool... Where can I find me one of those.... Or does your DH offer lessons?

Carol said...

Oh yes, he's on the lecture circuit. LOL

I do really appreciate the fact though, that he is a jack of all trades (and really good at everything he does). He does about 95% of all of the dishes in the house, works on the cars, remodels the house, and is VERY into technology. I don't know what I would do without him, he's amazing. :) I'm a very lucky girl. (Oh yeah, and he's cute too.....that helps). Teeheehee!

Annie said...

GO SHAWN!!!! WAHOOO!!!!!!!!