Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Things About Me

On Facebook, people keep tagging me to write 25 things about me. Well, here it is. Enjoy!


1. I love tomatoes. Sometimes I will eat a whole bowl of tomatoes for breakfast, or lunch. The homegrown varieties are leaps and bounds better than anything you can buy in a store.

2. At some point in my life I want to go back to school for a doctorate. I don’t feel like my education is finished, and I think I would be disappointed in myself if I didn’t earn the highest degree possible. Although, I do not feel like now is the time.

3.Right after high school I spend a month in Kazakhstan (’96), a month in Peru (’97) and two months in Russia (’98). These were all mission trips that I enjoyed immensely. I especially liked Russia because we worked in orphanages.

4. Ever since working in Russia for two months I have had no desire to have kids – rather I have wanted to foster and/or adopt kids who need a loving home.

5. I am addicted to the show Battlestar Galactica. I am sad to see it end. SO SAY WE ALL!!!


6. I listen to talk radio because music tends to irritate me most of the time. I do however, love music – go figure!

7. I don’t agree with the idea of credit cards. If you don’t have the money, don’t spend it. I do have a few, but use them sparingly and pay the total balance off every month.

8. I miss my dad more everyday and wish I could have had just one last conversation with him to tell him that things will get better.

9. I still think about stupid things that I have said and done, even from 10 or 15 years ago. These things haunt me sometimes.

10. I went into teaching thinking it was going to be a temporary thing. I never imagined that I would fall in love with teaching, but now I can’t picture myself doing anything else.

11. My husband and I were married on a cruise ship simply because we both hate weddings and didn’t want to plan one.

12. Even though I hate weddings, and don’t want to have ‘natural’ children, I still cry when the bride walks down the aisle and when a baby is born.

13. I love politics. I would love to be a politician someday, but know I wouldn’t survive in that world because of the corruption involved. I can’t walk the line, I must be well within the area of integrity. Maybe local or small town politics would fit me.

14. I volunteered for a Christian missions organization for a year. That was a foundational year for me, also VERY eye opening. Since that year it has been hard for me to go to church on a consistent basis.

15. My husband is 3 ½ years younger than I am. I hope to God that I die first because I don’t know what I would do without him.


16. I think it’s highly important that people see their parents as human. They are people who make mistakes just like you and I. Enough said!

17. I get really sad when my semesters end. I don’t like to see my students go, but I love getting to know the people in my new classes.

18. I love to cook and to feed people.

19. I believe in ghosts. I had to stop watching “A Haunting” because it freaked me out a bit too much.

20. I hate weather above 80 degrees. I get cranky and lethargic.

21. Every Christmas until 2008 I played the “one for you, one for me game”. I ended up with lots of stuff after every Christmas. I don’t do that anymore though.

22. People constantly misjudge me. I would do just about anything for anyone and need to keep myself in check. Quite a few people have said that they thought I was really mean when we first met, then they realized how different I am.

23. Most perfumes give me a headache…all but the fruity smelling ones or really light smelling scents. Florals make me gag.

24. I think flowers are a waste of money, but don’t mind receiving them once in a while. I would rather someone cook me dinner.

25. I am a gift giver. I love giving people gifts. Even small gifts are huge messages from me – though I never express those messages in words. I have to keep this in check too otherwise I would be bankrupt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I NEED to watch Battlestar Galactica. NEED.

And I liked your list! I feel like I know you a little better.

Annie said...

I didn't know you were Gifts!! That makes me want to send you something! (Alas I am a TERRIBLE procrastinator, as well as a painstaking gift buyer, and besides which I don't have your address, so I couldn't surprise you with something. (Somehow surprises are the best way of giving for me. GREAT motivation.) Perhaps there are things I could do better here. :( People may need me to be different on one or two of them. Hmmph.)