Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Story of Bell - Day 11

Today was an especially interesting day for me. We didn't do much in the morning, but around noon Shawn's brother and sister-in-law came over. That's when the fun began. We BBQ'd outside for a little while, then came in the house to eat. The humans had chicken and pork with rice, fruit and veggies. I had my normal fair, with extra treats. Shawn's brother Jonathan gave me some doggie treats.

About an hour or two later Shawn and his brother went downstairs to put up some more lights, run wires and then finally work on Jonathan and Sharon's car. It was midnight before they were done. While they were downstairs Carol kept me upstairs because there are remodeling tools downstairs that I could possibly get hurt on, and they didn't want that. I really wanted to be with Shawn, and got super anxious when I couldn't get to him, but Carol kept cuddling with me and reassuring me that he would come back soon and that everything was going to be ok. I got some more doggie treats (perhaps too many).

They got done super duper late, then Shawn had a business call until almost 4am. I was up almost the entire time.

As a result, I got little sleep, and started to have a funny tummy during the night.

At about 6pm though, Carol and Sharon took me for a walk on the doggie path. We only walked about 2 miles, but it was a good workout. I didn't get to play fetch or catch the frisbee because Carol wanted me to rest a bit. But perhaps tomorrow.....

No comments: