Friday, June 16, 2006

Lot's of Randomness

So I met a couple of my colleagues from San Jose State for brunch today. I had a good time. We grabbed a bite to eat and then we went wine tasting at the Picchetti Winery. It was pretty fun. We tasted 5 different wines, one of which I think I would like to buy. My only problem with buying wine is that I don't drink that much of it. Literally it would take me weeks to finish a bottle of wine if no one is over to help me drink it. I drink wine about once a month, and since the husband does not drink wine at all, it's almost not worth it to buy bottles.

My 'friends' situation kind of hit me today a bit. I have been feeling like I have been isolating myself a bit since we bought the house in Placerville. I think subconsciously I didn't want the break from my friends to be difficult. Plus, I hate to admit it, but I think moving and needing to make new friends is going to be a good thing for me. As outgoing as I am, I seem to get very comfortable where I am at. I think the move is going to help me break out of my shell a bit and force me to meet new people. I look forward to making new friends at church (as soon as we get plugged into a good one up there) and going to a weekly bible study or book club or young married's group or something like that. I think what I really need are some friends who are married and established that I can relate to. I really want to hook up with some people who love the Lord and who want to see good things happen for the Kingdom. I long for deep friendships that are encouraging and loving!

On a little bit of a different note, I have wanted to write a book for a while. I love reading good books - books with Christian undertones. Not something too preachy, or too watered down, but something interesting that has some Christian themes involved. I haven't decided on a pen name yet - but I am thinking something cool - nothing that would give me away as 'me'. My sister has a really cool pen name, so maybe I will ask her if I can use the last name (since we really are sisters). Actually, I have asked my sister if she wants to write a book with me - we are throwing around ideas at the moment, but haven't really sat down to talk about it. In fact, I am going to head over to Barnes and Noble to get a book on writing a book (ironic I know)! There is supposed to be a really good book on how to write a fiction novel. And, since I have absolutely no experience writing, I figure heck - why not give it a try!

No comments: