Sunday, June 18, 2006

Pangaea

I really wanted to write something really profound for today's post - but I have decided to talk about dad's tomorrow and something completely random today. Here it goes: Shawn and I watched a documentary on the origins of the world this morning and they mentioned Pangaea. I have been fascinated with the concept of Pangaea for quite a while. So tonight when we were laying in bed watching TV, I looked at my toes and said they looked like Pangaea. They fit perfectly together just like the 'original' continent, yet they are separate toes just like the current land masses on earth are. At times my toes are Pangaea, but I can spread my toes and they become separate entities.

Shawn often laughs at me and says that I am the weirdest person he knows. In fact he sits back and laughs at me when I verbalize things like this. I will be completely serious when I say stuff like, "my toes are like Pangaea" and it cracks him up. To tell you the truth, sometimes random things cross my mind and I will sit there and debate whether to say them out loud or not. Most of the time I will simply say whatever it is I am thinking because I know it will make him laugh. (I love it when he laughs, it makes me happy). Therefore my toes are like Pangaea! :)

No comments: