Monday, August 21, 2006

It's over...

I can't believe my summer is over. :( What did I accomplish this summer? Not a whole lot - other than starting a business and exercising a whole lot. I did enjoy being off of work quite a bit though. It happens every year around this time, school starts again. It is exciting also slightly depressing. I will no longer have tons of free time to do whatever I want to do. I will, for the next 5 months be tied down to a group of students that will virtually dictate my every move. But, I must realize that this is what I have wanted for years, and now have the blessed opportunity to have it. As much as I complain about teaching, it is the best job in the world. I do not have a supervisor looking over my shoulder, nor do I have to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day watching the clock. But teaching does have it's downsides. It doesn't pay well unless you work your butt off and pick up 6 classes a semester, which I don't think is in my blood. And you get to do quite a few things that you don't get paid for. I am now off to exercise, only to be followed up with the beginning of the semester staff meeting. I will let you know how that goes when I get home. Wish me luck!

No comments: