Monday, October 30, 2006

Snap

I must say, I HATE THIS SAYING!!!! I know growing up that I had some pretty bad sayings which I am sure irritated people, but I must say, I hate the "snap" saying. What the heck does that mean (please don't post a reply as this is more of a rhetorical question than anything)? Oh snap!!! Snap what? Did you hurt something? Did the snap on your shirt come undone? I know I am dating myself here, but I simply don't understand, nor do I want to understand this saying!

On a bit of a different note, over the last couple of weeks we have gotten a bit of stuff done with the house. Our renters are moving out which makes me happy! They asked to stay an extra couple of days, which is fine with me. I asked them to clear out the master bedroom so I can paint it next weekend. I want to paint it so Shawn and I can actually move into the top floor and stop living on the bottom floor in the dungeon. We are going to have to get some wood soon so we can keep warm during the winter. I am excited to have fires all winter - but I am not excited that we are constantly going to need a fire for months at a time. It's already starting to get pretty cold up there at night, and last winter was freezing!!!

Shawn and I have designed out kitchen finally! We used Ikea's kitchen planner. I am now excited because it's going to look pretty good. We are going to have to rip out 5 walls, which shouldn't be too hard since our roof is pretty well supported by the outer walls. For Christmas though, we aren't going to have much done. Just enough to make the house usable. I hope the family likes it. It will be 'homey', which is what I am hoping for. Oh, that and having our TV hooked up so my stepdad can watch TV the whole time he is up there. :) I can't wait for Christmas!!!

No comments: