Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's the deal?

I was emailed twice this morning by the county of El Dorado. I have qualified for two positions so far and will be interviewing for one of them, and taking a test for the other one in a couple of weeks. Government jobs are so weird....the hiring process takes quite a long time and can get quite involved. While getting called back for these positions may seem exciting to some, it's not really what I want to do. The last 'desk' job I held, I had a terrible experience at and I am not sure if I want to do it again. Plus, I am pretty sure my back may not hold up with sitting in a chair 8 hours a day 5 days a week. But, we shall see.

Here's my dilemma, I really want to teach, because that's what I spent all my time in education doing.....getting qualified to be a college professor. And, now that I am qualified to do that, I don't really want to do anything else. I really enjoy teaching a great deal, even though it has it's downfalls - but doesn't every job? Anyway, I don't want to pass up a job that pays decent for this area because I am holding out for a teaching job that may not come for a year or two. Plus, if I do get a fulltime, sit behind a desk and push papers, pull out my hair because I am not challenging my mind, desk job - it will allow for us to do things like get a hot tub and maybe even remodel the rest of our house. (Gosh, maybe that's the catch----I accept one of these positions and we get a hot tub to deal with my sore back....hmmmmm, I am going to have to think about that one). Back to the point, I know most of you are thinking, "Uh, no brainer Carol. Take the job until you get a teaching position". But here's the deal, I really enjoy having time to do projects around the house, find and create new and exciting recipes and have time everyday to work out. Teaching allows to me do this AND have a profession at the same time (plus it allows for summers off....yippeeeee).

Ugghhhhh, I hate inner struggles. I just want the answers to life, and I want life to be easy. Is that too much to ask?

I am now off to Folsom to go to Trader Joe's so I can make a really good and healthy dish that Shawn and I love. I can't remember the name of it, but it's greek. It's a oregano, garlicy and lemony chicken served with a yogurt sauce. So easy to make and LOTS of flavor. Gotta love the low fat but packed with TONS of strong flavor foods. Until later.....or tomorrow. Lots of love to everyone in Xanga land!

No comments: