Saturday, June 9, 2007

The good, the bad and the exhausting...

I am going to keep this brief because I am absolutely exhausted. Friday a friend called Shawn very upset about his marriage - it may be over. He headed over to his house, I joined him about an hour later. This visit ended up to be a 9 hour conversation - which continued today for about 5 hours (for me, not Shawn). Apparently I was the one that he wanted to talk to since I had the 'female' perspective. No problem, and I am glad to help, but I am absolutely exhausted - and I have a feeling it's not over. The friend wants to meet with his wife, and Shawn and I this week sometime - yikes! Again, happy to help, but neither of us are counselors and feel very unqualified to do what they need. Of course we suggested counseling, which they are going to do - but they still want to have dinner (or at least he does). Keep them in prayer if you would. They can certainly use it.

On a bit of a different note, Shawn and I were complemented on our marriage - which was nice since most of what people see (at least in our families anyway), is all of the 'showy' bickering we do. Rarely do we bicker at home, it's just something we do in front of our families (why? I have no idea, but we have always done it - and it's kind of become sport to us now). Anyway, a couple who knows us complemented us on how much we love each other. It was nice to hear! And, in front of some people anyway, we are 'normal' and do love each other.

Another 'good' thing that happened, is someone commented to Shawn how 'cool' his wife is. That too was nice to hear. Not that we need outside affirmation of our marriage, because honestly, we have a darn solid marriage (even though some people may not think so - and to say it plainly - screw them because they know not the in's and out's of someone else's marrige), but all in all it was nice to hear that someone recognized how much Shawn and I truly cherish each other.

Ok, there is more I want to type, but I am to tired from spending about 5 hours on the phone today with said friend - and tons of hours yesterday! I am done!

No comments: