Friday, June 4, 2010

The Story of Bell - Day 2

(From Bell's perspective)

Well, it's day 2 of my vacation. I'm a bit more used to my surroundings now. After a 2 hour nap, Carol and Shawn took me for a walk around the neighborhood at about 11:30pm last night. I was resting well after the walk until I hear something outside at about 2:00am. I darted around the perimeter of the house to secure things. That's when I spotted a cat! I tried going after it, but Shawn and Carol stopped me. I never made it past the driveway. Man, I could have gotten that cat. Oh well, there's always tonight!

I woke up this morning and went outside. My tummy is still giving me a bit of trouble, but I suspect that will subside since I haven't eaten anything. Carol seems pretty nervous about my lack of eating and keeps trying to hand feed me, put my bowl near me, and she has even had a conversation with me about my food intake. Maybe I will eat tonight?

Carol took me on a very fast walk this morning. I keep hearing something about leash training, and we did a little bit of that today, but I think I will out-will them. We'll see! But the walk was great fun. Then at about noon today they took me to a school that had a H.U.G.E. field and I got to chase the ball and catch a frisbee for a little while. Once we got back to their house I fell asleep on the dog bed (the queen sized one on the floor). Actually, if you look at the picture above, I feel asleep on Shawn's pillow. No worries though, I asked permission to use the pillow! Carol took the picture with my tongue sticking out while I'm sleeping. I asked her not to take it, but she did anyway.

It's 2:30pm and I'm going to go back to resting for a little while. I heard some chatter about going out and catching a frisbee again. I need to get rested up for that! I will update again later once I find out what tonight has in store for me.

Later today.....
At about 6pm Carol drove about a half hour to go to Trader Joe's to get me a BIG BOX of cookies. They are organic and soooo yummy! I still haven't touched my food, but I have snacked a bit on the cookies, which makes Carol happier. While Carol was driving to Trader Joe's, Shawn took me for another walk. I walked on the leash a bit better and didn't pull as much, but I still get really excited about walks.

Then, at about 8:30 tonight, Shawn and Carol brought me back to the school to play with the frisbee. We only played for about 10-15 minutes before I laid down. Boy was I pooped. Once we got back to the house, Shawn turned on the air conditioner and turned on some fans. I'm laying in front of one of the fans right now. It feels really good after running at top speed after a frisbee. Carol said that this is what their dog used to do, and thought that I would like it. Wouldn't you know, I do!

Tonight is a movie night, so Shawn and Carol are just hanging out. I think I'll just hang out with them and get some more love. They have been petting me a lot, and I think I'm going to try and continue that trend.

I will write more tomorrow, but I must add, this vacation is so much fun so far (but I can't wait to see my mom, dad, brother and sister. I know it may not seem like it, but I miss them a lot).

Update at 10pm - Carol outsmarted me. She got out a cutting board and a large kitchen knife and shaved some of the yummy cookies into my food bowl. She also left some chunks in there as a treat. I ate my whole bowl of food! Carol and Shawn are sooo happy that I ate. How could I deny the food with bits of treats??? I sure hope they do that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Isolte said...

Oh wow. Your tongue sticking out a teeny bit in that picture is just sooo adorable I could pop! Glad to hear you're having a nice time with Shawn and Carol. Give Carol a warm puppy hug for me!