Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Story of Bell - Day 6

This morning Carol woke up extra early to take me for a morning walk. We ended up walking for over an hour, and logged at least a few miles. We met a woman on our walk that has a pup just like me, and I warmed up to her right away giving my signature puppy smile and wagglin' booty. I love meeting new people.

After we got home I ate breakfast and promptly took a nap. Long walks in the foothills makes me a bit sleepy.

This afternoon was uneventful. We didn't do much because Carol and Shawn decided that I needed to have a little break from all of the exercise. They don't want me to go back to my owners with any overuse injuries. So I played in the house for a while.

This evening we went back to the water district that has a little secluded place that we can play. No long runs chasing the frisbee, just some light running and catching the frisbee in mid-air. I met my large labrador friends again while we were there. They are so much fun to romp around with. They are very large puppies, but know how to romp with the best of 'em.

Carol thought she outsmarted me by crushing up a cookie in my food so I would eat it. Well, over the last couple of days I have learned to lick the cookie out of my food bowl and leave my food behind. I do eat some of my food, but not as much as I normally would. I have a feeling Carol is going to change her tactic pretty soon with the food. I will have to outsmart her again, she just doesn't know it yet.

I have heard some rumblings about going to a lake so I can go romp around in the water. Anytime I near water, it draws me in. Carol said that if I go in the lake, Shawn is going to give me a bath afterward. It's ok though, as long as I get to romp in the water I'll take the bath in stride.

I'm not sure what they have planned for me tomorrow, but I'll be Carol will wake up and take me for an early morning walk again, followed by breakfast and a nice puppy massage. It seems like it's a morning ritual now. This vacation is awesome - puppy treats, long walks, lots of playing, puppy massages everyday.........but I do miss my family and can't wait to get back to my normal routine.

Until tomorrow, Little Miss (aka, Bell) signing off.

No comments: