Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bell's Christmas Vacation Day #4

Today was an all around busy day. I woke up Aunt Carol this morning at about 8am ready to eat and go outside. Aunt Carol wanted to stay in bed and pretended to sleep, but I wasn't having any of that! I licked her face until she got out of bed.

I ate a little breakfast, then went outside. After coming back in the house, Aunt Carol had to do a little shopping. Apparently there were lots of people coming over today and some last minute things needed to be bought. A house full of people is always fun! I got to meet Shawn's dad and step-mom. They both really liked me a lot, but I was a bit apprehensive to meet them at first, but quickly warmed up to them.

There was a Christmas celebration going on all afternoon, and while folks were celebrating, I went under the dining room table and decided to chew on my new stuffed teddy bear. Aunt Carol was watching me pretty closely most of the time, but when she looked away for a few minutes, I had torn the stuffing out of the teddy bear's arm, set it aside, then ate the material. It wasn't too much, but it was so yummy, I just couldn't help myself. Aunt Carol had a bit of a panic attack after I ate the teddy bear's arm (sans stuffing), but it's material nonetheless. I was told I shouldn't have eaten it, but I'm not sure why they don't let me. It tastes sooooo good.

After I ate the teddy bear's arm I ran around outside for a bit. It was a lot of fun. The kids who came over rode their bikes, I chased my frisbee, then we all came back inside for a while. I had tons of energy running around, tugging on my tug rope, chewing on my kong ball, and snuggling with Aunt Carol on the couch when I needed a break. I was high energy all day, and barely took a 15 minute nap on Aunt Carol's lap in the afternoon. After my nap I woke with a bang and started playing and playing.

Most folks left around 5 or 6 in the evening, but a couple of folks stayed until 10pm. We had dinner around 9pm or so. Aunt Carol tried to feed me, but I wouldn't eat very much. She had to resort to hand feeding me which worked pretty well since I ate all my food, two small pieces at a time. I couldn't resist. Aunt Carol and Uncle Shawn are still putting a few tablespoons of chicken liver in my food so I'll eat everything. It has been working like a charm since day 1 of my visit this time.

Did I mention I ate tons of treats today? One of the kids fed me her carrots, and then accidentally dropped a teeny tiny mini marshmallow on the floor, which I quickly ate. But those aren't the treats I'm talking about. I ate tons of treats from Trader Joe's. I have 3 different types of TJ's treats that I'm getting, and I love each and every one of them. Uncle Shawn's dad fed me some treats, so did Uncle Shawn and Aunt Carol. They were trying to distract me from picking up food from the floor that was accidentally dropped.

After everyone left at about 10pm I was so exhausted that I couldn't wait to get into bed with Aunt Carol. She called me up, I promptly laid down and went to sleep. I have a feeling this is where I'll be all night long. In fact, I'm sleeping upside down as I type this. My back legs flailing in the air, my front legs straight and off to the side, and my little tongue sticking out. Nighty night!

No comments: